5 reasons why you should be using a top coat
Has it ever happened that your freshly applied nail lacquer gets chipped off in a day’s time? Or that the colour seems to be dull or maybe the shine is gone? If your answer is yes then a top coat is your holy grail.
A top coat is a protective shield, kind of like an armour to your manicure. It seals the colour in and gives it a longer staying power.
Read on and check out why top coat is necessary.
- Gives you a long-lasting manicure- Top coats are generally a little sticky due to the presence of resins as one of its ingredients. This makes the top coat stick properly to the coat of nail lacquer to protect it from chipping, peeling or any scratches.
- Makes your nail lacquer stain resistant- The most common stains (especially in India) that literally can ruin your manicure is haldi from food. Top coats create a layer that prevents such stains to stick.
- Gives a smooth finish- If you are someone who likes experimenting with different nail art styles, a top coat is of utmost importance. It gives your manicure a smooth finish and a polished look to your nails. Natural nails have ridges
- Provides strength- Top coats are helpful especially when your nails are thin, weak and prone to chipping and breaking. A top coat hardens as it dries and gives that additional strength and becomes a barrier from breakage and dehydration. For maximum protection of your nail, you should sandwich the nail lacquer between a layer of base coat and finally top coat.
- Choose your finish- Matte or Glossy- Yes, top coats come in matte finish also. You can instantly transform your glossy nail polish into matte by just applying a layer of matte top coat.
How to Apply
First apply your favourite shade of our Gush Beauty nail lacquer. Let it dry completely. Then apply a thin layer of top coat. Gushing tip- Never apply a thick layer of top coat as it can smudge your nail paint. Always apply a thin layer for a fast drying and a clean look.
That’s all guys, hope you found this useful. Happy manicuring!
Article by Ananya Jain