What to eat to reduce acne!
Everyone takes time to select their beauty products carefully, making sure that they are the right choice for their skin type and that they don’t contain any harmful ingredients. After all, we think what we put on our face is the only thing that matters.
If you have acne prone skin you have to be even more careful about what you put on your face.
What everyone may not realise is that what you put in your body is just as important as what you put on your face, at least regarding skin. Certain foods are likely to break you out while others can actually improve your skin health and condition.
Do you see a new zit pop up each time you consume a pizza or a burger?
So, how to know which foods will support healthy skin and which ones wouldn’t?
Thankfully the secret to clear skin isn’t some extremely complicated ritual or recipe. It simply is nourishing your body with healthy nutrients that will fight inflammation and help in reducing acne.
Here are some foods you could include in your clear diet for healthy skin:
- Leafy Greens – Don't forget about your greens!! Dark leafy greens like spinach and kale contain numerous antioxidants which help in skin health and reduce acne.
- Vegetables – Veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts are rich in antioxidants and really good for preventing acne.
- Orange/Yellow Foods – Foods that are orange or yellow in colour like carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes and apricots contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting benefits.
- Red Foods – Foods that are red in colour like tomatoes, watermelon, papaya and pink grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which fight cancer and heart disease as well as general inflammation.
- Blue/Purple Foods – Foods like blueberries, red cabbage, beets and plums in addition to their antioxidant benefits, also protect against heart disease and the harmful effects.
- Dark Cacao – While it may not be wise to fill your diet with sugary milk chocolates, chocolate with high cocoa like dark chocolate is high in antioxidants. Chocolates with at least 70% cacao are rich in antioxidants.
- Fruits - Fruits like oranges, papayas , kiwi are really good for your skin and promote a healthy glow as well as reduce acne.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. If you’re filling your body with harmful foods, it will show up in your skin.
In addition to having a proper diet you should make an effort to drink plentyyy of water to reduce acne.